A Belated Christmas gift – The Lisa Shawl

The Lisa Shawl is a free crochet pattern by yours truly – a fun, quick crochet project with beads to spice it up. The shawl is named after my gorgeous and colourful friend Lisa who was the first person to love this design :)

Free beaded shawl pattern

The shawl is worked up using 2 skeins of sock weight yarn. My shawl was done in TFA Blue label Grape, and Lisa’s in Ella Rae Lace Merino, in the whimsically named colourway #117.

Free beaded shawl pattern

The beads are easy to add, visible from both sides and add a lovely weight to the finished piece.

You will need a 3.75mm hook for the main body, a 1.0mm hook for the beads, and about 50 grams of size 6.0 seed beads.

Free beaded shawl pattern

You can download the pattern here. Or check out the Ravelry page here.Enjoy!

free beaded shawl pattern

19 Responses to “A Belated Christmas gift – The Lisa Shawl”

1. 1 Chris Roderick January 7, 2012 at 8:24 am

This is realy pretty and I seriously think I must make one

2. 2 Sabra January 9, 2012 at 1:51 pm

Beautiful! I’ve been wanting to do a beaded crochet project and this shawl is perfect! Thanks for sharing!

3. 3 Brenda Marie March 13, 2012 at 2:16 pm

That is absolutely BEAUTIFUL… the yarn, the beads, EVERYTHING! <3

4. 5 Bonnie50 April 17, 2012 at 12:13 am

This is beautiful, I want to make this for my daughter-in-law. She will look so pretty wearing it.

5. 7 Sue Coletta June 26, 2012 at 1:23 pm

I’m very excited to finally be making this shawl but I think I’m having problems with it. This is a stupid question, I’m sure, but isn’t the edge of the shawl (the side that would lay across your shoulders) supposed to be straight across?? Mine is coming out curved and for the life of me I can’t figure out why…..unless its supposed to be like that. I would love to send you a photo of what I’ve done so far so you can give me a thumbs up or a thumbs down. In the photo above, of the blue shawl shown from the back, it looks like you’ve got about 8 rows or so of the granny stitch…..my instructions don’t start like that. Please help me!! I really must have this shawl. I’m planning on wearing it to an upcoming wedding in the Napa Valley, CA which we’re traveling to from the east coast. Please, please!!!

Thanks so much in advance!

6. 9 Nance Freeman July 26, 2012 at 9:47 pm

I have some of “Vanna’s Choice yarn that is a medium yarn. I want to make this shawl with it. But the yarn is to big to get the beads on it. Have you ever made it without the beads?

7. 11 sunnyskies11 September 16, 2012 at 12:21 pm

I was wondering what the finished size is when done with sock yarn.Thank you for sharing your wonderful talents.Wanda

8. 12 Shelley Fischer September 30, 2012 at 12:19 pm

ok here is a REAL dumb question but i am totally stumped! i want to make this pattern – i think its beautiful! HOW in the world do i find the pattern to print it!!! i have all the necessary programs for pdf files but i cannot find a place that says download here or something!

9. 15 marie January 3, 2013 at 6:18 pm

This is beautiful, and I am going to make one for my daughter. First time working with beads…wish me luck. Thank you soooo much for sharing!

10. 16 Adri Guadron June 29, 2014 at 1:11 pm

Reblogged this on A Berlin Garden and commented:
    Beautiful Shawl I want to make!

1. 1 The Art of Total Strangers « The Blue Brick | Photography and Handcrafts by Shireen Nadir Trackback on March 19, 2012 at 11:36 am
  2. 2 Lisa’s Shawl « Crochet Day to Day Trackback on March 24, 2012 at 9:07 am