The mega project that left me with sore wrists continues to plague me, so I’ve switched my sights to dyeing for a while 😉 Last night I started experimenting with some new acid dyes, and I’m quite pleased with the results! Both of these are 500 yard skeins of 100% super wash merino lace. I bought a cone of the stuff, so half of my dyeing time is spent hand-winding skeins onto my niddy-noddy, but once you get into the zen of the thing it’s not so bad…. until you lose count, that is.
Experiment 1: “That looks just like all your other s#!t’ (So says Tito every time I dye something turquoise).
A greenish-blue, with just a touch of yellow-brown added, something to make me think of the sea.
Experiment 2: Terra Cotta (that was the goal, though this came out more cayenne).
A rich orange-red with small hits of mahogany here and there, to add variegation and interest.
Now, of course, all I want to do is knit them up and see how they do. They are generous sized skeins, and will make lovely shawls. More experimental dyeing is in my future!