I’ve received a few emails asking if I would consider putting the Resin Jewelry book on sale for Black Friday, here are the details!
From 8:30am EST until 10:30 EST tomorrow, the e-book will be $15 ($10 off the regular price). If you prefer a printed book, it will be on sale for $28.95 ($6 off the regular price). Read on for purchase links and more information on the book, including project photos and a table of contents 🙂
Create stunning jewelry and keepsakes from leaves, paper, fabric, or virtually any other material you can imagine. Jeweler’s grade resin is a fun, versatile compound that cures to a clear and durable finish, offering an ideal medium for preserving everything from photos to flowers.
Featuring step-by-step photography, and detailed written directions, Resin Jewelry, 2nd Edition is a comprehensive guide to working with resin to create one-of-a-kind pieces you will want to keep forever, or share as unique and personal gifts. This edition expands on the knowledge of the original book with these exciting additions:
• The use of pigments to create a number of new effects, including enamel and faux opal
• How to pour, sand, and finish a resin bangle
• How to use a vacuum chamber for perfect, bubble-free castings
Through 16 progressively challenging do-it-yourself projects, you will quickly build skill and confidence while creating beautiful pieces of jewelry. A further 18 pieces are explained using the skills you learn along the way, providing additional opportunities to practice and refine your technique.
Each page is filled with beautiful photography to excite your imagination and inspire you to take your skills to the next level. Troubleshooting, tips, and tricks are included to help you get the best results.
Whatever it is you want to create, no matter the material you want to encapsulate, this book is an invaluable companion to anyone who wants to make beautiful resin pieces that will last a lifetime.
Here are some of the other great things artists have had to say about Resin Jewelry
“I must say that I am blown away at the detail you go into for understanding the processes and the beautifully colorful step by step instructions for how to attain an amazing finished result. You answer my immediate questions within the first five pages and then “wow” me with the projects and finesse my mind around all of those mysterious nuances that left me in the dark before looking at your book. This is more than a book; it is a work of art. Two thumbs up. Thank you very much!!
“Your book is one of the best tutorials I’ve ever seen, so I can’t express enough how happy I am to see there’s a second edition coming. More breathtaking pictures and more mind blowing tips, hurray!”
“The only book on resin I have seen that covers how to prepare organic material for incorporating into resin jewellery. A great resource.”
“I love the pics you have posted and am so eager to see this 2nd edition! I am waiting eagerly – knowing there are some really good things to come!! It’s like Christmas in September!!”
“Thank you so much for such a wonderful book, I absolutely love it!!!!”
Table of Contents:
- 4 Intro
- 5 Where to get supplies
- 6 Preserving materials
- 7 Preserving materials – Leaves
- 8-12 Preserving materials – Flowers
- 13 Preserving materials – Paper and photographs
- 13 Preserving materials – Other organic material
- 14 Preparing your materials
- 15 Working with resin-Mixing
- 16-17 Working with resin-Using a Vacuum Chamber
- 18-19 Working with resin-Pouring and Doming
- 20-21 Attaching a Bail
- 22 Projects:
- 22-23 Project 1: Getting your feet wet – Basic Resin Pendant
- 24-25 Project 2: Working with resin molds – Ice Cube Pendant
- 26-27 Project 3: Using a sealant to preserve elements – Washi Earrings
- 28-29 Project 4: Using Fabric in Resin – The Lingerie Bangle
- 30-31 Project 5: Using Printed Transparencies – The Filigree Bangle
- 32-33 Project 6: Layering Elements in the Resin – I ♥Autumn Ring
- 34-37 Project 7: Working with open backed bezels – Transparent Pendant
- 38-39 Project 8: Using a Spherical Mold – The Jungle Pendant
- 40-43 Project 9: Using Silicon Texture Molds – The Wrought-Iron Pendant
- 44-45 Project 10: Using Pigments 1 – The Faux Enamel Bracelet
- 46-49 Project 11: Using Pigments 2 – The Faux Opal Pendant
- 50-51 Project 12: Using Pigments 3 – The Cherry Blossom Pendant
- 52-53 Project 13: Using Pigments 4 – White Resin Lace Pendant
- 54-55 Project 14: Using Pigments 5 – the ‘Stash Buster’ Pendant
- 56 Bonus Project: The Queen Anne’s Lace Spherical Pendant
- 57 Bonus Project: Preserving an Entire Dandelion Head
- 58-65 Inspiration gallery and mini project pages
- 66-67 Troubleshooting tips