We’ve had a hawk take up residence in the Toronto Music Garden.
The little birds are not having an easy time of it, they’re not used to having a predator in their midst. Poor little buggers!
I can’t deny though, it is a lovely bird.
Look at this gorgeous couple =) Jessica and Mike are dear friends of mine who asked me to do their engagement shoot last weekend. I couldn’t have asked for more fun, relaxed, beautiful people to work with!
We went to the Toronto Music Garden – a special place for both them and me; it’s one of my favourite places to take pictures and it’s the site of some of their first dates.
They’re very much in love, and I think it really shows in the pictures.
The light was perfect that evening; golden and very summery.
After leaving the Music Garden we switched gears (and outfits) for a little fun at Harbourfont.
And yes, this was totally inspired by the kissing couple from the Vancouver post-hockey riots.
I just had to include shots from the ‘ice cream incident’
We were going for cheesy-romantic, but it definitely got sloppy :)
The unexpected mess led us to some very fun shots.
We ended a beautiful shoot at the Starbucks where they went on their very first date :)
Jessica and Mike have asked me to be their wedding photographer as well, so you’ll be seeing more of this gorgeous couple later this year
One of my favourite ways to relax is to take my camera for a walk in Toronto’s music garden. It’s close to home, beautiful, and you can always find something interesting to photograph!
Like a flower having a bad hair day…
…or a bee-bum….
…or these flowers shaped like little hearts.
And even a creepy crawlie…
…or two ;o)
I sound like a broken record, but wow things have been busy!
There are so many great things I’ve been up to, and I’ve had no time to sort through photos – but hopefully I’ll get through them soon.
- Had an amazing time shooting Mary and Perry’s wedding – a peek at that to come as soon as the happy couple return from their honeymoon.
- Mother’s day was amazing, and mom built a gorgeous new piece, as soon as we get some sunny weather I’ll be able to shoot and share her latest!
- The knitters frolic – I was so burnt out from work that I didn’t get to stay as long as I wanted =o( I did enjoy getting to say hi to some of the great folks that I only ever chat with online, like the incredibally talented Tanis, Julie, Chris and Emily. I also barely managed to churn out 11 yarn bowls in time for the show, which I also need to share pics of because they turned out so well!
- I spent Saturday at a fundraiser for Japan organized by some of the people in my Karate circle – together we did 108 repeats of one of our forms. I really missed the feeling of waking up early and leaving town for a Karate related event, and it’s always great to see some of the folks from the McMaster dojo. Photos from that to come soon!
- The big event, Saturday night I was the photographer for Dylan Dias’ latest fashion shoot – done entirely in black light. I also custom designed a piece of black light reactive jewellery for the shoot – now those are some spectacular photos…. coming soon!
While I crawl through the piles of RAW filling up my drives let me leave you with a few photos of the beautiful Music Garden near my home. Spring has certainly come.
Cute couple =o)
Red wing blackbird – he got so close I was having trouble focusing!
Tito and his new buddy.
It doesn’t matter how many photos there are of flowers out there – I never get bored of how beautiful they are.
And last… this photo is 3 images strung together – with the camera on rapid-burst.
That’s all for now =o) more to come when I’ve done some catching up!