100,000 folks are interested in stuff I make

The Blue Brick Blog – at a mere 1.5 years old, is about to hit 100,000 hits! I’m so stoked I’ve decided to celebrate.

Firstly, though I’ve never understood the appeal until now, I’ve now got a twitter account. Hook me up, @CraftKninja (kninja, get it? Very clever…) to hear and share even more in the wonderful world of crafting goodness.

Secondly – a contest! At that many folks I’m really feelin’ the love – so I want to give some love right back. One lucky winner will get this lovely resin necklace in the mail:

To enter, leave me a comment telling me what your favourite craft is. If it’s something I don’t know yet, maybe I’ll take it up! Contest closes on Wednesday January 18th. I can’t wait to hear about everything you wonderful folks love to do.

From the bottom of my crafty little heart, thank you :)

16 Responses to “100,000 folks are interested in stuff I make”

1. 1 Tanis January 11, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Can you guess my favorite craft?…. knitting!

2. 2 Christian Stoll-Dreeszen January 11, 2012 at 5:42 pm

knitting and spinning. kind of go hand in hand

3. 3 Salla Pappas January 11, 2012 at 6:48 pm

my favorite craft every year is making my Christmas cards :) which really is a mish mash of cut and paste, drawing, sewing and anything else i can think of. being creative is my craft ;)
    ps. luv the necklace

4. 4 Teresa January 11, 2012 at 7:43 pm

Mine’s knitting too.

5. 5 Maya January 11, 2012 at 8:44 pm

My favorite craft is knitting but I have been thinking about trying quilting.

6. 6 Brooke January 11, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Pottery, of course! Maybe because it’s the only craft I actually know…

7. 7 Ann Clayburn January 12, 2012 at 6:32 am

my fav is knitting & crochet soon to add spinning

8. 8 Jo January 12, 2012 at 11:21 am

Knitting! I also love papercrafts, cardmaking, stamping, scrapbooking and the like. Love your blog! Can’t wait for more yarn bowls too. Love them!

9. 9 Christianne January 12, 2012 at 1:35 pm

Congratulations on hitting 100, 000!! :D

My favourite craft, as you might have guessed, is sewing/costuming. It’s really exciting to bring a fictional character to life, not to mention the great sense of accomplishment you feel when it’s complete :)

10. 10 Tania January 12, 2012 at 5:18 pm

There are so many crafts I love, but my favorite is definitely knitting.

I also like scrapbooking (traditional and digital), cross-stitch and making cards.

11. 11 Mrunmayee January 15, 2012 at 12:45 am

I crochet. I m sure you already do that. I also make cards for friends. Card making is a good creative outlet and bonus – you get to greet friends with cute cards :)

12. 12 MelRedcap (Melanie) January 15, 2012 at 4:12 am

Woot, I’m glad I got linked to your blog in time to enter this! :D My favourite craft is quilting, but it has to work hard to stay ahead of crochet and knitting… and since I saw your yarn bowls and bells, I’m thinking seriously at sneaking off to my local potters’ society and giving those a try. (I’d buy yours, but shipping them safely to Australia would probably cost more than the classes I’m looking at!)

13. 13 Rosemary January 16, 2012 at 8:24 pm

Quilting, sewing, beading, kumihimo. Over the years have tried many things. These are my top 4 currently.

14. 14 Jessica May 5, 2012 at 1:32 pm

I have always been a papercrafter but I really, really love yarn (mostly for knitting but I’m picking up a little crochet now, too). And no list of my crafts would be complete without Food. I love baking and cooking. I think the appeal lies in taking something basic (like yarn and sticks) and making something else from it.

15. 15 Tracy Harper February 6, 2013 at 7:55 pm

Wow, just stumbled onto your DIY for the Swarovski bracelet, simply lovely and I’ve got to make it! And I bet you can guess that my favorite craft is jewelry making! But I also knit, crochet, paint, and sew. I’m not me unless I’m creating!

1. 1 DIY Swarovski Bracelet « The Blue Brick | Photography and Handcrafts by Shireen Nadir Trackback on January 14, 2012 at 6:46 pm