Sexy Boot Topper Knitting Pattern

Knitted boot toppers

I designed this cute little number as the ideal one-skein winter project. Cute and sexy, these boot toppers work up fast and use only one skein of my favourite: Tanis Fiber Arts Green Label yarn.

The cables are simple enough for a beginner cable knitter. You will need to know how to cast on extra stitches using the backwards loop method (here’s a great tutorial at knittinghelp.com if you’re unfamiliar with it).

knitted boot toppers

You can wear them up or down, on short boots or tall, they’re a cute addition to any outfit :) I’ll be making a few of these for my girlfriends as Christmas gifts.

knitted boot toppers

The tab at the top has a decorative button for a nice finishing touch that gives it a little more than ending it as a simple tube. I’ve written up the pattern for 3 adult sizes: small, medium and large.

knitted boot toppers

You can download the pattern here if you’re a Ravelry member and here if you’re not :)

Please feel free to email me at hello@thebluebrick.ca with any questions!

22 comments for “Sexy Boot Topper Knitting Pattern

1. December 7, 2011 at 10:09 am

Very beautiful boot toppers! The pattern is very cute and winterish, but the best accent is with the button – great choice and look!
    I have been wanting to knit boot toppers for myself since quite some time. Your project is very inspiring and feel my hands itching :-)
    Laura

2. December 7, 2011 at 10:12 am

Thank you Laura! If you do try the pattern out please feel free to contact me with any questions, and I would love to see photos of your finished work :)

3. December 7, 2011 at 12:31 pm

They are gorgeous and on my list of things to make.
    My sexy boot topper in alpaca of course … and possibly wooden buttons? Stunning pattern Shireen.

4. December 7, 2011 at 1:09 pm

Thank you Annie! I will be sorely tempted to make these with the skein of chocolate alpaca you sent me… but I’m being good and making something for Tito with them :)

5. Evelyn Rupert
    September 15, 2012 at 3:19 pm

I just bought 2 patterns this morning. How do I download then???

6. September 17, 2012 at 1:36 pm

How do I download the pattern please.

• September 17, 2012 at 1:38 pm

Hi Julie – you need to purchase the pattern either through Etsy, Ravelery or Craftsy – the links are all on my blog :) Thank you for asking!
      Shireen

7. joan
    November 26, 2012 at 8:16 am

want the pattern for the boot toppers..

• November 27, 2012 at 10:51 am

Hey Joan! You can purchase them from my Etsy store, or from Ravelry – both links are in the post. You can also just email me at hello@thebluebrick.ca :)

8. November 26, 2012 at 8:18 am

where do i get it…the pattern.

9. December 22, 2012 at 10:07 pm

Hello! I just purchased the pattern and I’m super excited to knit these, but in the “begin cable section” it lists rows 1-5, but there is no row number 4…are there only 4 rows total in this section or is the pattern missing a row? Thanks!

• December 23, 2012 at 11:34 am

Hi there! Row 2 and all even rows are worked as they appear – by even rows I am including row 4. Hope that helps :)

10. Angie
    January 5, 2013 at 7:07 pm

I just purchased this pattern & would like to verify what you mean by “work each stitch as it appears” for row 2 & all even rows.

• January 5, 2013 at 11:49 pm

When I was learning to knit I had this exact same problem!
      ‘work each stitch as it appears’ means that if you’re looking at a flat little ‘v’ stitch, then you’re looking at a knit stitch – and you should knit it. If it looks like a little bump then it’s a purl stitch, and you should purl it. So, if on the previous row you k3, p3, k3 then on the reverse side working each stitch as it appears will mean p3, k2, p3. Does that make sense?
      Good luck :)
      Shireen

• Angie
        January 6, 2013 at 12:55 pm

Thanks that helps a lot!

11. November 3, 2013 at 7:47 pm

This is exactly what I want! Mom – you liked this post but yes, so pretty! Hope you can see my comment!

12. Elizabet
    December 15, 2013 at 9:55 pm

Will you sell them made and how much?

• December 17, 2013 at 11:57 am

Hi there – thanks for asking! Sadly, I do not sell them made. Knitting, for me, takes too much time to be able to charge a realistic price for finished items!

13. Muriel Eley
    January 2, 2014 at 8:13 pm

Just got your pattern and am unable to find the exact Measurements for small,med., and large. Please advise. Thank you.

• January 3, 2014 at 11:28 am

Hi Muriel! Thanks for your question. At the beginning of the pattern, where the cast-on instructions are, you can see three numbers in parentheses. Those three numbers are the cast-on numbers for small, medium and large respectively. You cast on the number that’s right for you and follow the instructions from there. Hope that helps, feel free to contact me again if not :)
      Best,
      Shireen

14. March 12, 2014 at 4:58 pm

I purchased this pattern several months ago and they turned out really cute. My problem is that I have been searching all over the house for the pattern because I want to make another pair. Do I need to purchase the pattern again or is there some way I can retrieve a copy from my previous purchase??
    Betsy