Crochet hoodie blanket – free pattern!

hooded baby blanket

In response to a few emails, here is the pattern for my hoodie baby blanket – Please email me if you have any trouble with the directions – this is my first take at writing a pattern so it might be kind of sloppy =o) I even had the courage to add this to Ravelry! Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

**UPDATE** My apologies to everyone for a major oversight in the pattern. The directions on how to begin the hoodie section were missing. I have uploaded a new pdf to both the download link and to Ravelry. Please feel free to email me if the pattern is still unclear, and a special thank you to Turquoise for pointing out the problem to me!

I just want to point out one thing about the ties on the hood: Do not make them long enough to actually tie under the baby’s chin – that would be a hazard and the ties are not intended to be used in this way, they are just there as decoration, and to make the hood a little snugger when needed.

Edit: You can now download my pattern here:

hooded baby blanket

17 Responses to “Crochet hoodie blanket – free pattern!”

1. 1 Laurel March 9, 2011 at 8:14 pm

This is so beautiful, and practical! I’d love for you to submit this to the M&T Spotlight – http://www.makeandtakes.com/spotlight

2. 2 leanne July 5, 2011 at 8:09 pm

what a brilliant idea!! i love this.. definatley going to make some of these for my new bubba.. gives me something to create why hes in my belly oven! lol. thanks for the awesome pattern xoxo

3. 3 Christine September 24, 2011 at 12:49 am

This is such a beautiful blanket and so very easy once you understand how to do it. It took me a couple “redo’s” before I understood the pattern. I am making these to take to Kenya Africa on a Humanitarian trip with my husband and others in January where we will be working in Orphanages and the village hospital. These will make wonderful blankets to give to newborns. Thank you for sharing this pattern.

4. 4 Turquoise Johnson February 14, 2012 at 11:55 pm

I’m having trouble with the hood. Can you please explain how you did the hood for me? Thank You! I Love the pattern!

5. 6 shireenn February 15, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Reblogged this on The Blue Brick | Photography and Handcrafts by Shireen Nadir and commented:

To anyone making the Baby Blanket hoodie – please check back to the post for a new download link correction a major error in the pattern. My apologies for the oversight, and thank you to Turquoise for pointing out the problem to me!

6. 7 Marie Morton September 3, 2012 at 6:40 pm

What a GREAT idea. I’ve never seen one like this before. I’ll be trying it soon for sure!
    Marie

7. 9 Danielle January 19, 2013 at 5:46 pm

This i SUCH a cool idea! I am working on this for my little baby that is due in June! Great Idea and I absolutely love it!

8. 10 Jennifer November 13, 2013 at 10:54 pm

Can I sell this? (not the pattern only the finished product)

9. 11 Bobbie Jo Castner-Lindsay March 1, 2014 at 8:01 am

First I love this blanket. Next I have started the hoodie a few times and it just doesn’t look like I am doing something right. When I am suppose to go one ss past the last crochet is that ss to go into the next SC in the last row of the blanket every time or just the turning chain of a previous row? I hope that I explained that clear enough.

10. 12 Anna Menchaca March 22, 2014 at 6:18 pm

I am having trouble with it too. Row 3 just doesn’t seem right

11. 13 amenpi March 22, 2014 at 6:19 pm

I am having trouble with the blanket too. Row 3 just doesn’t seem to work out. I have already undone and tried again 6 times. I am self taught and kinda new at crochet but I have tried everything and it still doesn’t work out.

12. 14 amenpi March 22, 2014 at 6:20 pm

Or is it row 4? anyways can’t get past that

• 15 shireenxnadir3711 March 25, 2014 at 2:21 pm

Hi everyone
      I’m sorry the blanket is giving you trouble! I’ve read through row 3 and it works out for me, so I’m going to look into possibly doing a video tutorial to help folks through this stage, and also the stage where you start the hoodie which seems to be the other rough patch. Hopefully I can get to that soon!

1. 1 Blanket Stitch Blue Birth Trackback on March 18, 2011 at 7:22 am
  2. 2 I have a Ravelry store! « The Blue Brick | Photography and Handcrafts by Shireen Nadir Trackback on November 29, 2011 at 4:33 pm